Toyota has a deep and long-standing bond with ...
Toyota has a deep and long-standing bond with motorsports, particularly through its association with the Le Mans endurance race, where they first appeared in 1985 and created their own team in 2012. Sponsoring motorsports is crucial for Toyota to showcase the high performance of their cars and tomorrow’s fuel efficient engines.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
As Toyota continues to lead the hybrid vehicle market, the company seeks to break new ground by entering a hybrid car into a motorsport competition. Toyota partnered with Eurosport to support this revolutionary ambition by leveraging its participation at Le Mans race and increasing brand awareness.
In June 2014, Toyota and Eurosport launched an intensive digital campaign around motorsports.
This consisted in:
- Online: sponsorship mastheads on Le Mans race section and rectangle ads on Le Mans race & Motorsports sections on the UK, French, German, Italian, Spanish websites
- Mobile: standard banners on the Motorsports section & one-day exclusive splash screen on the UK, German, Italian, Spanish apps.
- In order to increase Toyota’s presence at Le Mans race, and especially brand awareness of their team, Eurosport created an innovative TV campaign to reveal in-depths insights about the team and their preparations:
– TV campaign around the Le Mans race and related programmes on both Eurosport and Eurosport 2 before and during the Le Mans race weekend. THis consisted in :
- Seven episodes of Inside the team, a series of short programmes produced by Eurosport to reveal key insights about the Toyota team’s daily activities Le Mans.
- Four ad jingles produced by Eurosport, available in English and French and exclusively broadcast during LIVE programme.
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- INSIDE THE TEAM PROGRAMMES REACHED 6 MILLION VIEWERS (24 SEPARATE BROADCASTS) AD JINGLES ACHIEVED OVER 31 MILLION IMPACTS
- DIGITAL CAMPAIGN DELIVERED NEARLY 12 MILLION IMPRESSIONS IN TOTAL