Established in 1971, Shangri-La opened their first deluxe hotel in Singapore. Today, the name Shangri-La portrays the serenity and service in their hotels and resorts known the world over.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
Shangri-La is renown as one of the world’s finest hotel groups. With 83 hotels and resorts throughout Asia Pacific, North America, the Middle East, and Europe, the Shangri-La Group offers 34,000 rooms.
Shangri-La entered the European market in 2010 with the Shangri-La Hotel in Paris and later expanded to Italy, Turkey and the UK.
The campaign objective is to help build and enhance awareness of the Shangri-La brand in Europe, more particularly the new hotel at The Shard, in London.
Its partnership with Eurosport aims at breaking with the tradition of using exclusively news channels to reach their target audience, i.e. premium and upscale audience, by associating the brand with tennis and golf, sports that are part of Eurosport’s DNA.
The campaign focussed on a five-star event, Roland Garros, the French Open.
- TV spot campaign during the competition
- Complementary exposure in Wednesday Selection (Golf environment)
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- OVER 33 MILLION VIEWERS IN THE LAST 5 DAYS OF THE COMPETITION
- OVER 14 MILLION EUROPEANS HAVE SEEN THE SHANGRI-LA TV COMMERCIAL AT LEAST ONCE
- A VIEWERSHIP RECORD OF 4.8 MILLION FOR THE SHANGRI-LA 30-SEC TV SPOT BROADCAST RIGHT AFTER SIMONA HALEP’S VICTORY OVER MARIA SHARAPOVA IN THE WOMEN’S FINAL