In 2013, the Philippines’ Department of Tourism launched a new campaign under the “It’s more fun in the Philippines” tagline. The objective was to increase international visits while underlining key aspects of the country: beautiful landscapes, rich culture, hospitable people, value for money.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
With a strong community of sport aficionados and world travellers, Eurosport is the ideal platform to promoting diving, surfing, biking and golfing activities in the region.
Eurosport created a 360° multimedia campaign:
- TV spots around the US Open, Tour de France and Vuelta
- “It’s more fun in the Philippines” digital hub inviting users to take a quiz and win a trip
- Promotion on Eurosport.com websites and mobile applications for major events to successfully reach the target audience and encourage them to participate in the competition
- Production and broadcast of four different “Sport Trip” programmes to promote the Philippines by focussing on fun and enthralling sports in the region (golfing, diving, biking, surfing). This five-minute tailored programme was broadcast both on Eurosport International and Eurosport Asia Pacific. The content was also hosted on the “It’s more fun in the Philippines” digital hub.
- Sponsoring of “fun” sports (Dew Tour, Freestyle skiing/snowboarding) across Eurosport channels.
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- THE “IT’S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES” EUROSPORT CAMPAIGN GENERATED OVER 120 MILLION CONTACTS
- THE EUROSPORT PHILIPPINES DIGITAL HUB WAS VISITED OVER 4,000 TIMES
- 2 LUCKY WINNERS WON THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME AND HAVE EXPERIENCED WHY “IT’S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES”!