Oakley is the leading performance sports eyewear brand, with an ever- growing family of world-class cyclists. To mark the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France and to establish its authenticity as the official supplier of the Tour, Oakley launched the Conquer the Road initiative.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
In line with Oakley’s Beyond Reason brand manifesto, the multi-touchpoint initiative honoured athletes driven to defy the limits of possibility and inspire a broader audience.
Oakley teamed up with Eurosport to merge the worlds of professional and amateur cycling in an amazing brand and consumer initiative: The Ride. It offered two cycling amateurs a once in a lifetime chance to ride a Tour de France legendary climb alongside a former legend of the Tour (Sean Kelly/Richard Virenque) and a current pro-Oakley ambassador (Chris Froome/ Pierre Rolland).
- Production of The Ride, a dedicated TV series following the amateurs’ experience
- Dedicated cycling hub hosting recruitment, VOD, exclusive cycling news, Social Media communities
- Joint PR, social and editorial initiatives to support the campaign
- Sponsorship of the online Tour de France coverage to enhance Oakley’s association with the event.
- Production of tailored creative formats by an internal creative team: STARTEAM.
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- 138,878 UNIQUE VISITORS AND 1,638 REGISTRATIONS TO THE COMPETITION.
- BROADCAST OF THE RIDE AS PART OF TDF COVERAGE, REACHINGOVER 50 MILLION UNIQUE VIEWERS
- ONLINE TDF SPONSORSHIP GENERATED OVER 38.5 MILLION CONTACTS SHORTLISTED FOR “BEST INTERNATIONAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN” AT 2014 SPORTS INDUSTRY AWARDS