The partnership between Longines and Eurosport began in 2003. After having sponsored a major equestrian event in Cannes and artistic gymnastics competitions, Longines has recently been promoting horse racing, alpine skiing and tennis. Eurosport created dedicated TV shows (Horse Racing Time, Ski Pass and Game, Set and Mats during Roland Garros) to leverage Longines association with these sports.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
With a long tradition of timekeeping in tennis, horse racing, equestrian, alpine skiing, the brand chose to support these sports as a perfect illustration of strength, endurance, technique, precision and elegance, their key values and marketing arguments to reach an upmarket audience.
The loyal brand decided to renew its partnership with Eurosport in 2014.
Eurosport implemented a 360° communication strategy to tie up with Tennis, Horse Racing, Equestrian and Alpine skiing events coverage. On TV, Eurosport combined a brand content and advertising strategy:
PRODUCTION AND BROADCAST
4 dedicated TV programmes: Horse Racing Time, Ski Pass, Get Ready to Roland Garros and Game, Set and Mats during the French Open.
Spots and sponsorship elements were broadcast for the Tennis, Alpine Skiing & Horse Racing Magazines, Equestrian events, Roland Garros & Alpine Skiing. In addition, Eurosport offered content and advertising packages on its digital platforms
- Creation of an online and mobile Equestrian and Horse Racing section
- Multiple digital advertising formats, with a focus on Horse Racing & Equestrian sections
- Weekly HPTO and Splash Screen day approach including a competition
- Horse racing magazine available on VOD, including pre-roll ads
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- LONGINES CAMPAIGN GENERATED OVER 1 BILLION IMPACTS
- OVER 85 MILLION UNIQUE VIEWERS REACHED (SPOT SEEN 12.5 TIMES ON AVERAGE)
- ADDITIONAL REACH OF THE DIGITAL CAMPAIGN WITH 426 MILLION DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS DELIVERED ON HORSE RACING, EQUESTRIAN, ROLAND GARROS, ALPINE SKIING SECTIONS – WITH A HIGH 1% CLICK RATE ON AVERAGE.