HEAD established a partnership with Eurosport in 2009 to promote their campaigns on its TV and digital platforms.
BACKGROUND & STRATEGY
Eurosport broadcast HEAD commercial spots during the French Open as well as special spots and/or virals featuring HEAD stars such as Sharapova, Murray and Djokovic.
Online, Eurosport developed dedicated promotion campaigns, competitions and an live chat where tennis fans were invited to exchange with famous HEAD athletes.
For the 2013 Australian Open, HEAD held a special press conference outside of Melbourne for the launch of the new HEAD Graphene racquet. Eurosport was responsible for promoting the event on its numerous platforms by posting photos, videos and interviews.
Today, the partnership includes promotion activities during the live broadcast of the two Grand Slam Tournaments in Melbourne (Australian Open) and Paris (French Open), featuring TV spots, virals, “making of” videos as well as digital activation.
- 30’’ spot campaign within the second week of the Australian Open
- 30’’ spot campaign within the second week of the French Open
- Viral integration within Eurosport’s editorial programmes.
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- HEAD’S SPOT CAMPAIGN GENERATED OVER 80 MILLION IMPACTS
(+26% VS. 2013 AROUND AUSTRALIAN OPEN AND +50% VS. 2013 AROUND ROLAND GARROS)
- 10 MILLION UNIQUE VIEWERS REACHED FOR THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN (SPOT SEEN 3.2 TIMES ON AVERAGE) AND 14.5 MILLION AROUND ROLAND GARROS
(SPOT SEEN 3.4 TIMES ON AVERAGE)
- BEST SPOT DELIVERED DURING THE MEN’S FINALS (4.4 MILLION IMPACTS FOR EACH GRAND SLAM) ONLINE TDF SPONSORSHIP GENERATED OVER 38.5 MILLION CONTACTS SHORTLISTED FOR “BEST INTERNATIONAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN” AT 2014 SPORTS INDUSTRY AWARDS